How to reach Manipal
Getting to Manipal
Manipal is well connected by road, rail and air. There are two main cities close to Manipal that serve as entry points - Udupi and Mangalore. Udupi is 5 km from Manipal and Mangalore is 65 km away.
Manipal is connected to the rest of the world through the international airport in Mangalore,
which takes an hour and half to travel to by road. There are regular flights from Mumbai,
Hyderabad, Chennai and Bangalore. Besides, most countries in the Gulf have direct flights to Mangalore.
Flights from Europe, North America, Australia and Asia are connected to Mangalore via Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore.
Pre-paid taxis are available at Mangalore airport.
One of the most sought after options to reach Manipal is via Goa, which is one of the major tourist attractions in India. One can reach Manipal from Goa via train which will take four to five hours and six hours by taxi. You can access more details about Goa under the tab 'About Manipal'.
Manipal is well connected with all the major cities in Karnataka, Kerala, Goa etc. Buses run between Mangalore and Manipal regularly. Direct buses are also available from Bangalore, Goa, Hyderabad, Mumbai and other cities.
- The closest railway stations are Udupi and Mangalore.
- These railway stations lie on the Konkan route connecting the North and the South along the west coast.
- Delhi and Mumbai (to the north) and Ernakulam (to the south) are linked to Udupi station.
- Mangalore station is connected to Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Calicut, Cochin, Trivandrum, Mumbai and other major cities.
- Those travelling from Kolkata can travel via Chennai/ Mumbai/ Bangalore/ Goa and then take a connecting train to Mangalore.
- There is also a train operating from Jammu to Mangalore once a week.
- For more information check www.indianrail.gov.in.